Allison Butts, PharmD, BCOP
Dr. Butts received her Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cellular Biology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and her Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Kentucky. She then completed a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and a PGY2 specialty residency in hematology/ oncology at the University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center.
Dr. Butts provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients at UK’s Markey Cancer Center, primarily practicing in the Comprehensive Breast Care Center. She is also the Clinical Coordinator of the medical oncology service line and serves as the Residency Program Director for the oncology pharmacy program. Teaching activities include precepting students and residents on ambulatory oncology rotations, precepting longitudinal projects, and participating in the therapeutics curriculum. Her research interests include oncology supportive care, pain management, breast cancer patient outcomes, and residency training.
- Oncology Supportive Care
- Pain Management
- Breast Cancer Patient Outcomes
- Residency Training
- Adjunct Faculty
- Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Pharmacy, UK Markey Cancer Center
- Oncology Clinical Pharmacist, UK Markey Cancer Center
- Director, Oncology Residency Program, UK Healthcare
- Bachelor of Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Oncology, UK Healthcare