IN THE PAST 10 YEARS
FROM HISTORICALLY UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS
Training Tomorrow's Leaders
Pharmaceutical science is the lifeblood of health care. Ready to conduct cutting-edge research? Develop drugs for the treatment of human diseases? Study how the human body reacts to medicine? Then pharmaceutical sciences is for you.
UKCOP's Pharmaceutical Sciences Graduate Program is dedicated to a holistic, student-centric training model that provides our students with instruction, guidance, and mentorship in 3 domains: Breadth (across pharmaceutical sciences disciplines), Career (focused on real-world skills and experiences, driven by individual student goals), and Scientific Depth (project-based research to achieve expertise and rigor).
Our Guiding Principles
We train students to become rigorous scientists, focused on drugs and drug therapy, who are well-rounded problem solvers poised to lead in academia, healthcare, industry and society.
- We recruit the best and brightest students who will become critical thinkers empowered to impact society
- We educate using an integrated training system
- We are One Program in pharmaceutical sciences with thematic tracks
- Our program is student-centric and harnesses our unique strengths
- We strive to maximize programmatic relevance in a changing environment
Learn more about the principles that guide the design and execution of our program:
UK Pharmaceutical Sciences Graduate Program Guiding Principles Document
Publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education
Feola DJ, Black EP, McNamara PJ, and Romanelli F. Development of guiding principles for a new era in graduate education. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2019 Mar;83(2):7422. doi: 10.5688/ajpe7422