Douglas Oyler, PharmD
Dr. Oyler is an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science. Dr. Oyler also serves as the Director of the Office of Opioid Safety at the University of Kentucky, where he leads the institution’s opioid stewardship program, including development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies to improve safe opioid use within the health system. He has collaborated with the Kentucky Hospital Association, KASPER, and numerous other state and local entities to improve opioid use throughout the state. His work in opioid stewardship has been featured in the American Journal of Health System Pharmacy, the Journal of Opioid Management, and the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, among others.
Dr. Oyler graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy in 2010, where he then completed a pharmacy practice residency, a critical care specialty residency, and a fellowship in academia. He remains involved in both the graduate and professional programs at UKCOP.
- Substance Use Disorder
- Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy
- College Faculty
- Director, UK Healthcare Office of Opioid Safety
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, UK Healthcare
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Critical Care, UK Healthcare
- Academic Fellowship, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy