PharmD Program Interviews
Prepare for Your Interview
UK College of Pharmacy utilizes Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs) -- a circuit of interview stations in which the applicant is given a situation (scenario) or question and asked to respond or perform a task. Each station is timed and you will be alerted when it is time to change stations. Further instructions will be provided on interview day. Arrival times and other specifics are included in the invitation to interview email.
Why are MMIs used?
When compared to the traditional interview, performance during the MMI better evaluates an applicant's personal attributes and provides applicants with opportunity for dialog about themselves, their educational, professional, and personal interests and goals. The multiple interactions with UKCOP interviewers allow applicants several opportunities to exhibit their passion and desire to become pharmacists in training at UKCOP. This leads to a more reliable score for each applicant overall.
What will I be asked?
Each situation will evaluate a trait that the College seeks in applicants These characteristics range from communication skills to critical thinking to empathy. You may be asked to discuss a given situation with the interviewer or interact with a fellow applicant to accomplish a task. You are not expected to have any clinical knowledge prior to the interview.
How can I prepare?
It is difficult to study or “rehearse” questions for the MMI but you can:
- Be able to clearly communicate your story
- Participate in a timed mock interview with situational-based questions
- Familiarize yourself with current topics and trends in pharmacy and pharmacy education
- Prepare your attire (professional dress is recommended) in advance to avoid a time crunch on interview day or any unexpected issues
- Plan in advance for travel time, parking and weather
- Arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time to settle in. Applicants will move through the interview day in a randomly assigned group. If you are late, you will miss important information. All times are EASTERN. If you are in another time zone, be sure to make adjustments.
- Review your interview invitation e-mail for instructions and specifics
- Bring a positive attitude
Who are the interviewers?
The interviews may be faculty, alumni, practitioners, residents, current fourth-year student pharmacists or professional staff. Each interviewer is trained on how to accurately assess applicants during the MMI.
As a first-generation college student, earning acceptance into the UK College of Pharmacy has been one of my proudest moments.
Plan your Trip
Click below for hotel information, parking options, and virtual tours of our campus and building.