Speak Up

We derive our strength from the pooled efforts of an inclusive community of individuals who all contribute their time and talents to support the mission of the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. 

We are strong because we work from a base of respect for others and shared values including integrity, professionalism, academic freedom and excellence, and personal and institutional responsibility and accountability.

The UK College of Pharmacy is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all individuals that work and study at this institution. The UK College of Pharmacy is also committed to serving as a good steward of the resources that have been entrusted to it.  

If you witness any act that is not aligned with these values, we ask that you report the incident immediately using one of the University’s many reporting methods noted below.

Bias Incidents

The University’s Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center provides resources for and processes to report bias-related incidences of violence or oppression, along with active bystander intervention training (Green Dot). 


What is a bias incident?

A bias incident is any activity that intimidates, demeans, mocks, degrades, marginalizes, or threatens individuals or groups based on that individual's or group's actual or perceived:

  • Ability (physical, psychological and cognitive)
  • Age
  • Ancestry
  • Citizenship or immigration status
  • Ethnicity
  • Gender
  • Gender Identity
  • Gender Expression
  • Parenting and pregnancy status
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Religious practice
  • Sexual orientation
  • Veteran status

A bias incident can occur whether the act was intentional or unintentional, and may or may not be a legal act. In identifying a bias incident, the focus is on the impact on an individual or group, not the intention or motivation of the actor. 


How to seek help

Individuals seeking services can call 859-257-3189 or email birt@uky.edu to schedule an appointment. 

To file an official report of bias, complete and submit the Bias Incident Report Form.




Learn more

Visit http://www.uky.edu/vipcenter/ to learn more.


Discrimination and Harassment


How to seek help

If you witness or are the victim of harassment or discrimination, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity at AskEO@email.uky.edu or (859) 257-8927 to report the incident.


Learn more

For more information, please refer to Administrative Regulation 6:1 - Policy on Discrimination and Harassment and Policy #2.0 Equal Opportunity, Discrimination, and Harassment.


Ethical Issues

Link to Ethics and Compliance webpage: https://www.uky.edu/legal/ethics-and-compliance


Toll–Free Compliance Hotline: 1-877-898-6072


See following link for additional information on reporting and ethical issue: https://www.uky.edu/legal/report-ethical-issue


Please note if you suspect fraud or illegal activity (i.e. corruption or bribery, asset misappropriation or financial statement fraud), it is your responsibility per Governing Regulation XIV (Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct) to report your suspicions to Internal Audit.


Link to Fraud Reporting webpage: https://www.uky.edu/internalaudit/fraud-reporting


We all play an important role in maintaining an effective control environment in order to safeguard University assets and achieve operational, financial reporting and compliance objectives. We are partners in this endeavor. Please reach out to me or anyone on the UFS team if you have questions or concerns about internal controls within your unit.



Test for Ethical Issues (from Office of Legal Counsel website) Issues

1. Be sure that all of the facts are known and true.

2. Is the issue legal? If the person's action is not legal, the test ends here. No one is authorized by anyone else to break the law.

3. If the action is legal, does the person's action violate UK policy? If so, unless there are exceptions, the test should end there.

4. If the action is legal and does not violate UK policy, does one of the University's Ethical Principles apply to the facts?

5. Determine which principle or principles apply and analyze what the appropriate response should be.

6. Further tests include:

a. If you do it, will you feel bad?

b. How would it look to other members of the UK community or your family if they knew all of the facts?

7. If it passes tests # 2 through 5, but you know that it is wrong, don't do it.

8. If you are not really sure, ask. If you think anything may be wrong, keep asking until you get a final authoritative answer that you know is correct and about which you feel good.

Facilities Issues


How to seek help

Facilities issues including accessibility concerns, malfunctioning equipment, and acts of vandalism or property destruction may be reported to Todd Sizemore at Todd.Sizemore@uky.edu.

Personnel Issues


How to seek help

Personnel concerns including conflicts between employees may be directed to:

  • The Human Resources Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the College of Pharmacy (email COPHR or call 859-323-4753).  Communications sent to COPHR@uky.edu will be viewed only by the Human Resources SME for the College of Pharmacy.  Reports will be managed with the highest level of confidentiality possible.  

  • Your supervisor or chain of command

  • Office of Employee Relations, email Employee Relations or call 859-257-9555 extension 128


Learn more

For more information on UK HR Policies and Procedures please visit http://www.uky.edu/hr/policies.


Research Misconduct


What is Research Misconduct?

Research misconduct means fabrication, falsification, or plagiarism in proposing, performing, or reviewing research, or in reporting research results.

  1. Fabrication is making up data or results and recording or reporting them.
  2. Falsification is manipulating research materials, equipment, or processes, or changing or omitting data or results such that the research is not accurately represented in the research record.
  3. Plagiarism is the appropriation of another person's ideas, processes, results, or words without giving appropriate credit.
  4. Research misconduct does not include honest error or differences of opinion.


How to seek help

The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the institution in its efforts to promote the ethical conduct of research.  The ORI provides educational materials and lectures to assist in educating faculty, staff, and students on federal, state, and local rules and regulations in the area of ethical research conduct. The ORI has a designated Research Compliance Officer who handles allegations of research misconduct and the ORI also supports a toll-free free telephone number (1-866-400-9428) as a means of contact for allegations of research misconduct.


Learn more

For more information, please visit:



Sexual Assault


How to seek help



If you would like to report sexually based misconduct, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity at AskEO@email.uky.edu or (859) 257-8927 to report the incident.



If you would like to report sexually based misconduct, please fill out the Reporting a Student Conduct Policy Violation Form

UK's policy for addressing and resolving allegations of sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, and domestic violence (AR. 6.2) can be found here. Procedures applicable to investigations, allegations, and adjudication of cases involving AR 6.2 can be found here

Additional resources may be found at the Office of Student Conduct's Title IX; Sexual/Gender Based Offenses.


Student Welfare


What is student welfare?

Student welfare is a measure of student well-being.  The University has developed the Community of Concern to support the well-being of students that are troubled or in crisis.  Concerns may include:

  • Act Which Threatens Safety (to self or others)
  • Damage to Property
  • Death or Serious Illness of a Family Member or Friend
  • Disruptive Behavior
  • Harassment
  • Health Risk
  • Medical Attention
  • Mental Health


How to seek help


Non-Emergency Reporting

Significant behavioral or personal issues can be reported online.


Emergency Reporting

If a person currently has the potential to harm themselves or others, please reach out for emergency assistance by calling 911 or #UKPD.  The University offers this Decision Tree to help determine whether a situation should be considered an emergency or non-emergency.


Support within the UK College of Pharmacy

The UK College of Pharmacy also offers support services.  PharmD students are also urged to report concerns to the Director of Student Success and Career Development (nicole.keenan@uky.edu).


Learn more

To learn more, please visit http://www.uky.edu/concern/.