Dr. Kimberly Nixon
Please note that Dr. Nixon and the Nixon Lab moved to The University of Texas at Austin in August 2018. http://sites.utexas.edu/pharmtox/faculty/
- Maggio S E, Saunders M A, Baxter T A, Nixon Kimberly, Prendergast Mark, Zheng Guangrong, Crooks Peter A, Dwoskin Linda P, Slack R D, Newman A H, Bell R L, Bardo Michael. (2018). Effects of the nicotinic agonist varenicline, nicotinic antagonist r-bPiDI, and DAT inhibitor (R)-modafinil on co-use of ethanol and nicotine in female P rats. Psychopharmacology, 235(5), 1439-1453.
- Hayes Dayna Michelle, Nickell Chelsea G, Chen Kevin Y, Heath Meagan M, McClain Justin A, Deeny M Ayumi, Nixon Kimberly. (2018). Activation of neural stem cells from quiescence drives reactive hippocampal neurogenesis after alcohol dependence. Neuropharmacology, 133, 276-288.
- Olsufka Rachael, Peng Hui, Newton Jessica, Nixon Kimberly. (2018). Alcohol effects on adult neural stem cells – a novel mechanism of neurotoxicity in alcohol use disorders. . John Wiley & Sons,
- Nickell Chelsea G, Peng Hui, Hayes Dayna Michelle, Chen Kevin Y, McClain Justin A, Nixon Kimberly. (2017). Type 2 neural progenitor cell activation drives reactive neurogenesis after binge-like alcohol exposure in adolescent male rats. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 8(DEC),
- Liput Daniel J, Pauly James R, Stinchcomb Audra L, Nixon Kimberly. (2017). Binge alcohol exposure transiently changes the endocannabinoid system: a potential target to prevent alcohol-induced neurodegeneration. Brain Sciences, 7(12), E158.
- Peng Hui, Nickell Chelsea R G, Chen Kevin Y, McClain Justin A, Nixon Kimberly. (2017). Increased expression of M1 and M2 phenotypic markers in isolated microglia after four-day binge alcohol exposure in male rats. . Alcohol, 62, 29-40.
- Marshall S A, Geil C R, Nixon Kimberly. (2016). Prior Binge Ethanol Exposure Potentiates the Microglial Response in a Model of Alcohol-Induced Neurodegeneration. Brain sciences, 6(2),
- Van Skike Candice E, Maggio Sarah E, Reynolds Anna R, Casey Erin M, Bardo Michael, Dwoskin Linda P, Prendergast Mark, Nixon Kimberly. (2016). Critical Needs in Drug Discovery for Cessation of Alcohol and Nicotine Polysubstance Abuse. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry, 65, 269-287.
- McClain Justin A, Nixon Kimberly. (2016). Ethanol induces parallel changes in hippocampal histone H3 phosphorylation and c-fos protein expression in male rats. . Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 40, 102-112.
- Hammer A M, Morris N L, Cannon A R, Shults J A, Curtis B, Casey C A, Sueblinvong V, Persidsky Y, Nixon Kimberly, Brown L A, Waldschmidt T, Mandrekar P, Kovacs E J, Choudhry M A. (2015). Summary of the 2014 Alcohol and Immunology Research Interest Group (AIRIG) meeting. Alcohol, 49(8), 767-772.
Phone: (859) 218-1025
PhD Univ Of Texas at Austin
BA Univ Of Texas At Austin
Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences