Dr. Kyung Bo Kim
Dr. Kim’s research lies at the interface between chemistry and biology. Specifically, the Kim lab focuses on the development and biological/pharmacological characterization of small molecule inhibitors targeting the proteasome-ubiquitin pathway.
- Current research focuses on the development of immunoproteasome inhibitors that can be used as lead compounds in drug development process as well as molecule probes to investigate the function of the immunoproteasome..
- Selvaraj S, Martinez E E, Aguilar F G, Kim Kyung Bo, Peng J, Sha J, Irvin M R, Lewis C E, Hunt S C, Arnett Donna Kay, Shah S J. (2016). Association of Central Adiposity With Adverse Cardiac Mechanics: Findings From the Hypertension Genetic Epidemiology Network Study. Circulation. Cardiovascular imaging, 9(6),
- Lee H L, Park M H, Song J K, Jung Yuha, Kim Y, Kim Kyung Bo, Hwang D Y, Yoon do Y, Song M J, Han S B, Hong J T. (2016). Tumor growth suppressive effect of IL-4 through p21-mediated activation of STAT6 in IL-4Rα overexpressed melanoma models. Oncotarget, 7(17), 23425-38.
- Aguilar F G, Selvaraj S, Martinez E E, Katz D H, Beussink L, Kim Kyung Bo, Ping J, Rasmussen-Torvik L, Goyal A, Sha J, Irvin M R, Arnett Donna Kay, Shah S J. (2016). Archeological Echocardiography: Digitization and Speckle Tracking Analysis of Archival Echocardiograms in the HyperGEN Study. Echocardiography (Mount Kisco, N.Y.), 33(3), 386-97.
- Reichel D, Lee Min-Young, Lee Wooin, Kim Kyung Bo, Bae Younsoo. (2016). Tethered polymer nanoassemblies for sustained carfilzomib release and prolonged suppression of proteasome activity. Therapeutic delivery, 7(10), 665-681.
- Kasam V, Lee N R, Kim Kyung Bo, Zhan C-G. (2014). Selective immunoproteasome inhibitors with non-peptide scaffolds identified from structure-based virtual screening. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 24(15), 3614-7.
- de Bruin G, Huber E M, Xin B T, van Rooden E J, Al-Ayed K, Kim Kyung Bo, Kisselev A F, Driessen C, van der Stelt M, van der Marel G A, Groll M, Overkleeft H S. (2014). Structure-based design of β1i or β5i specific inhibitors of human immunoproteasomes. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 57(14), 6197-209.
- Park J E, Wu Yadi, Carmony K C, Miller Z, Sharma L K, Lee D M, Kim Doo Young, Lee Wooin, Kim Kyung Bo. (2014). A FRET-based approach for identification of proteasome catalytic subunit composition. Molecular bioSystems, 10(2), 196-200.
- Ghosh P, , Kim Kyung Bo, Stinchcomb Audra L. (2014). Optimization of naltrexone diclofenac codrugs for sustained drug delivery across microneedle-treated skin. Pharmaceutical research, 31(1), 148-59.
- Miller Z, Lee Wooin, Kim Kyung Bo. (2014). The immunoproteasome as a therapeutic target for hematological malignancies. Current cancer drug targets, 14(6), 537-48.
- Park J E, Ao L, Miller Z, Wu Y, Jang E R, Lee Eun Y, Kim Kyung Bo, Lee Wooin. (2013). PSMB9 Codon 60 Polymorphisms Have No Impact on the Activity of the Immunoproteasome Catalytic Subunit
1i Expressed in Multiple Types of Solid Cancer.PLOS ONE , 8(9:), e73732.
Phone: (859) 257-5301
PhD Ohio State University, The
MS Pohang University of Science & Technology
BS Yonsei University